Security breaches are increasingly disruptive to organisations and can significantly damage an organisation’s reputation and destroy shareholder value. The cost implications of these breaches can be huge and often expose organisations to litigation. According to a recent study conducted by the Ponemon Institute, the average data breach event in the United States costs an organisation USD 8.9 million.
Thecombines HP’s services expertise with security intelligence software to offer clients a comprehensive approach to protect what matters most to their organisations. It provides clients with the security intelligence to more quickly identify a breach and react to it, as well as minimise its impact and reduce ongoing exposure from vulnerabilities.
“It’s nearly impossible for organisations to prevent a breach, but they can take control of how they respond,” said Bassem Bouzid,Regional Vice President & General Manager – Enterprise Services HP Middle East, Mediterranean and Africa (MEMA). “Combining HP’s portfolio of services and software, the HP Breach Management Solutionarms clients with the tools and resources to monitor, manage and respond to breaches head on, minimising their impact while readying for the next attack.”
Accelerate response times to protect what matters
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features the new, which helps clients get ahead of attacks before they occur. Leveraging the knowledge of experienced HP consultants, the service helps organisations proactively establish policies and procedures surrounding forensic investigations. As a result, clients are equipped with the resources to quickly gather the best-quality digital evidence in the event of an attack and can apply these policies and procedures to gather and document evidence when the next attack occurs.
HP Forensic Readiness Service enables clients to:
- Assess current policies and procedures for breach investigation to develop a plan detailing activities, timelines and potential technologies that organisations should consider to improve their forensic readiness.
- Establish an appropriate forensic readiness policy to create a systematic, standardised and legal basis for the admissibility of digital evidence that may be required in the event of a formal legal dispute.
- Understand how to best handle forensic investigations and gather digital evidence in the event an incident does occur.
Regain control during a breach
The HP Security Breach Management Solution features services that span the entire security lifecycle, ranging from proactive planning and risk management strategies to immediate response measures. Together, these offerings provide a holistic approach to breach management and enable clients to reduce security-related costs, gain greater control of the situation and lower their exposure to risk.
With HP Security Breach Management Solution, clients can:
- Contain attacks immediately with , which provides 24/7 expert monitoring to detect and respond to intrusions. In the event of a breach, HP dispatches a team of security professionals to the client’s location to assess and investigate the breach and provide recommendations for reducing exposure to future vulnerabilities.
- Develop a clear set of processes and policies for the collection and analysis of evidence following security incidents with .
- Adhere to regulatory compliance for use in legal investigations and audits following an incident by leveraging , which help organisations develop tight policies and processes for capturing and logging data.
- Collect, log, sort and filter relevant security events with HP ArcSight offerings, to enable IT security operations to identify threats and protect systems against them. , which leverage
- Mitigate the consequences of data loss or deletion through designing and implementing processes for backup and recovery with .
No related posts.
Rushika Bhatia Editor
Rushika Bhatia is one of the region’s leading commentators on business and current affairs issues. She is the Editor of SME Advisor magazine - the flagship title of CPI Business. She is passionate about infographics – with special emphasis on data, research and statistics. Rushika has a Bachelor’s Degree from Indiana University, USA and is also CIMA qualified.