The Dubai Chapter of 85 Broads, the exclusive global network of 30,000 trailblazing businesswomen, will be holding the 85 Broads Global Forum: Defining Successon 7th May 2012 at the Capital Club, Dubai. The event follows last year’s successful forum which was titled, What’s Your Destiny?
This year’s event is supported by Barclays, Korn/Ferry International, Latham+Watkins, Montblanc, The Elements Group, and AECA Design, and will host more than 200 female leaders from across the UAE, including women in leading positions in private and public organisations, female entrepreneurs, high-ranking public servants as well as representatives from different embassies and consulates. In addition, special invites were extended to 20 young aspiring female professionals, who will potentially be future powerhouses in their own right. The audience will engage in panels which are aimed to empower and inspire women in the Middle East. These panels will address the following: non-traditional careers, in the boardroom, emerging leaders and time to give back.
Noor Sweid, Founder and Co-Chair of 85 Broads, Dubai Chapter said: “The Forum aims at showcasing women who are outstanding role models for other talented, ambitious women living in the region. Through the various panels, the audience will learn about how women are blazing their own trails as business leaders, entrepreneurs, survivors, philanthropists, and parents, and will identify how do we find our own passion, build networks and define success on our own terms. The Forum also aims at finding out how smart, successful and courageous women really think about their careers, their lives, their families, and their futures – all in their own voices.”
“In its third successful year, this forum aims to emphasise empowerment and how the workplace and the society can be enriched by the efforts of extraordinary women. The forum also provides a platform for corporate types to engage directly with the female international business community, and is an opportunity for well-established businesswomen to meet and to discuss issues of common interest,” said Lucy Chow, Co-Chair of 85 Broads, Dubai Chapter.
The event will open with welcome remarks from Lucy Chow, and will conclude with closing remarks by Noor Sweid, followed by lunch. Lisa Ball-Lechgar, Strategic Advisor for the Abu Dhabi Music and Arts Foundation (ADMAF), will act as event moderator this year. She will be hosting a number of high profile and deeply respected speakers from all sectors including:
- Charney Magri, Award winning Photographer and Creator of ‘Women of the UAE’
- Mina Liccoine, Award winning comedienne, UAE comedy community pioneer and Founder of Dubomedy Arts
- Salha Al-Busaidy, Professional Singer
- Rita Khaled, Partner, Habib Al Mulla & Company
- Soha Naashat, Senior Advisor and Board Member, Barclays Bank (Suisse)
- Alicia Yi, Managing Director, Asia Pacific Consumer Market, Korn/Ferry International
- Hanan Al Tamimi, Senior Manager, Tendering & Engineering, Distribution Power – Projects & Connection Services, DEWA
- Muna Al Gurg, Chairwoman, Young Arab Leaders UAE and Director of Retail, Easa Saleh Al Gurg Group
- Dalya Al Munthanna, Marketing Director, Regional Marketing Middle East, GE Energy
- Dipti Thakar, Counsel, Latham+Watkins;
- Monja Wolf, Founder and Managing Director of Monyati Initiatives
- Karen Malia, CSR Manager and Volunteer Coordinator, The Angel Appeal
- Muna Harib, Founder, Seeds of Change and Buksha
No related posts.
Rushika Bhatia Editor
Rushika Bhatia is one of the region’s leading commentators on business and current affairs issues. She is the Editor of SME Advisor magazine - the flagship title of CPI Business. She is passionate about infographics – with special emphasis on data, research and statistics. Rushika has a Bachelor’s Degree from Indiana University, USA and is also CIMA qualified.